From 1969 to 2020, SERVPRO Is Still Faster To Any Size Disaster
Plan ahead to ensure that you are ready for any size disaster in 2020!
Each new year rings the opportunity for new beginnings! Make 2020 a year to remember and resolve to be READY! SERVPRO of Lancaster East wants to help to ensure you a safe and happy new year by helping you be prepared for anything the year may have in store.
While we only hope to see good things come about in the new year, it is always a good idea to plan ahead for the not-so-good things-fire or water damage-that are always an unexpected and unwelcomed disaster.
Make your resolution one that helps protect you and your business. Call your professionals at SERVPRO of Lancaster East to learn more about how they can help you be "Ready for whatever happens" in the new year!
Celebrate Safety This Holiday Season
The top three days for home candle fires are Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve.
Pretty lights, candles, and decorations are just a few of the items bringing charm and cheer to the holiday season-however, if they are not used carefully your holidays may go from festive to frightening.
The American Red Cross offers the following safety tips to help greatly reduce the fire risk in your home or business this holiday season.
- Place Christmas trees, candles, and other holiday decorations at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, portable heaters, radiators, heat vents, and candles.
- Make sure light strings and other holiday decorations are in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords and always follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Always unplug the tree and holiday lights before leaving the property or going to bed.
- Never use lit candles to decorate a tree. Always extinguish candles before leaving the room or before going to bed.
- Use only sturdy tree stands designed to not tip over. Keep curious pets and children away from Christmas trees.
- Keep anything that can catch fire-like pot holders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, food packaging, and towels or curtains-away from your stove top.
- Designate one person to walk around your property to ensure all candles and smoking materials are properly extinguished after guests leave.
Your professionals at SERVPRO of Lancaster East wish you a safe and happy holiday season.
Property Restoration Can Be a Messy Business
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SERVPRO of Lancaster East
Property Restoration Can Be a Messy Business
Local disaster recovery specialist offers insight into the complexities of dealing with disaster
Lititz, PA (Grassroots Newswire) October 9, 2014- When disaster strikes, property owners need to make a lot of decisions quickly and under pressure. Effective disaster remediation involves a lot of moving parts: remediation specialists, insurance companies, local codes, state codes, documentation and more-- and all of this has to happen in an atmosphere charged with emtion and stress.
Donna Barrett of SERVPRO of Lancaster East says, "Efficiency is key when you are dealing with disaster remediation; it saves our customers money and it makes our work more effective. SERVPRO is an industry leader in work efficienc technology-- continually innovating to help both our customers and our business control costs."
SERVPRO's proprietary DryBook tool is one example of the company's focus on efficiency and cost control. Remediation projects must be managed to both industry and insurance company standards, and Barrett says that tools like DryBook help SERVPRO Franchise technicians track and document progress on restoration, cleanup and repair services. "The DryBook tool helps us deliver on every detail of every water damage job, every time," says Barrett.
To help avoid regulatory headaches and paperwork pitfalls, Barrett suggest property owners consider the following criteria when choosing a remediation company to deal with the aftermath of a disaster.
1. Industry standards: Does your remediation company deliver a product that meets the standards set by
- The Institute of Inspetion, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)?
- Most major insurance companies, including cycle times and dealing requirements?
2. Recordkeeping: Does your remediation company have a system in place to ensure accurate, complete and convenient benchmarking of each step of the remediation process, including
- Capturing and updating data, including job diary notes, elecronically and real-time on the jobsite, with simultaneous updates saved at the central office?
- Using e-signatures to help eliminate lost paperwork and the need to san documents?
- Providing a complete record of the damage and remediation efforts in images, with descriptions, start-to-finish?
3. Equipment selection: Does your contractor have the ability, on-the-spot, to
- Identify the right equipment or the job, based on the damage description?
- Validate the use of each piece of equipment, automatically, as part of the remediation records?
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals specialize in disaster restoration, cleanup and repair services, helping to remediate damage, making it "Like it never even happend," for both commercial and residential customers. For more information on SERVPRO of Lancaster East, please contact Donna Barrett at (717) 519-0767 or SERVPRO8837@comcast.net. For more information about SERVPRO, please visit www.SERVPROLancasterEast.com.
Founded in 1967, the SERVPRO Franchise System is a national leader and provider of fire and water cleanup and restoration servies and mold mitigation and remediation. SERVPRO's professional services network of nearly 1,700 individually owned and operated Franchies responds to property damage emergencies ranging from small individual disaster to multi-million dollar losses. Providing coverage in the United States and Canada, the SERVPRO System has established realtionships with major insurance companies and commercial clients, as well as individual homeonwers.